Perseus Pelagios Compliancy
Perseus is happy to announce that our Pleiades annotations are now fully Pelagios-compliant and are viewable in the new Pelagios API.
The Perseus annotations are browseable at
Our first step, publishing annotations identifying occurrences of ancient places represented by Pleiades URIs in the Perseus texts, was described in a Pelagios blog post last year.
Subsequently, we have made some refinements to the process which included:
- Following the Pelagios standard for referencing Pleiades places using the #this locator on the Pleiades URIs.
- Simplifying labeling on the annotations.
- As part of a wider effort at Perseus to better support Linked Open Data and CTS standards, referencing the Perseus text annotation targets using stable URIs in the data.perseus.org namespace, leveraging CTS URNs. E.g.:
- Publishing the annotations themselves at resolvable URIs which more accurately reflect the hierarchy of the occurrences both within the texts, and within the annotation datasets. E.g.:
- Publishing a VoID file to describe the annotation datasets at http://data.perseus.org/annotations/occur/places:pleiades/void.ttl
All of which contribute to enabling some very cool linking possibilities, as demonstrated by the Pelagios API: