Announcing the Pelagios Commons Resource Development Grant Recipients
We are delighted to announce the recipients of the 2016 Pelagios Commons Resource Development grants. These are intended to facilitate the creation or expansion of resources that will widely benefit stakeholders within the Pelagios community and beyond. We received a large number of excellent proposals but the inevitable financial limitations meant that we were able to fund just five of them. These were decided upon by the Pelagios Commons Committee, constituting the Coordinators of each Special Interest Group* and the Investigative Team. The funded projects are:
- CroALa index locorum: a gazetteer of place names in Croatian Latin texts (Neven Jovanović)
- Cross-cultural After-Life of Classical Sites (CALCS) (Gabriel Bodard, Valeria Vitale)
- Kima: Towards a Hebrew Gazetteer (Sinai Rusinek, Glauco Mantegari)
- Linking Linked Places: Modeling Historical Movement (Karl Grossner, Merrick Lex Berman)
- Mediaeval Iberia through Pelagios Commons (Gimena del Rio Riande & team)
Projects will be carried out over the next 6 months and results will be presented at the Linked Pasts conference, December 15-16 in Madrid, Spain. Project leads will be posting updates about the progress of their projects throughout the coming months, so stay tuned!
*SIG Coordinators who submitted proposals were excluded from the judging process.