This group arose out of discussions around the difficulties faced by small-size projects (particularly those within Universities and High Schools) who lack teaching resources for acquainting students with GeoHumanities-related disciplines, who do not have platforms for sharing and making showcases or are unable to benefit from the existence of a platform for publishing results of their work.
Therefore this group aims to:
* Promote the integration of Pelagios into course syllabi by effectively providing a range of resources for individual and institutional users
* Establishing independent workshops to facilitate integration and the creation of open access content which allows for adaptable “ready made” exercises for students.
* Create and maintain lasting relationships with classroom-focused digital projects
* Maintain a platform of communication and education, by involving users and institutions already interested in spatial humanities projects and learning
* Advance the current situation of Pelagios Commons within a more general audience of non-experts, involving educational distance-learning institutions, Libraries, consortia, and individual users with an interest in self-learning geospatial humanities.
Group Coordinators: Sarah Bond & Chiara Palladino